Education and experience:
- An advanced degree in the natural sciences, engineering, economics, or social sciences, or several years' experience in project management, preferably within an international scientific environment.
- Experience in management and/or project administration preferably with a scientific/engineering background in the research areas of economics and environment related to the topics of energy, land-use, climate or development.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and contributing to integrated, interdisciplinary research projects, including financial planning, forecasting, budgeting, and reporting.
- Ability to draft reports that analyze and summarize scientific information and policy applications.
- Proven, excellent organizational and priority setting skills, and the ability to respond to deadlines in a timely manner.
- Full fluency in English with strong editing skills.
- Strong IT skills, including advanced knowledge of MS Office products and experience with web content management systems (e.g., WordPress), and social media channels.
- Experience or knowledge of using web-based collaboration tools such as SharePoint, GitHub, Slack preferred (is an asset but not a must).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills on all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in close cooperation with others, and maintain professional and productive relationships with staff from diverse nationalities and backgrounds.
- Flexible working attitude and willingness to take on other tasks to benefit the program/institute.
The selected candidates should be available to take up the position as soon as possible. We offer an initial fixed-term, full-time (40 hours per week) employment contract for one year, with the possibility of extension thereafter. Applicants wishing to work part-time hours will also be considered.
Duties will be carried out at the IIASA premises in Laxenburg, near Vienna in Austria.
This position is classified as a ''Professional level'' post.
A minimum gross annual salary of
EUR 40,564.00 (full-time).
The advertised salary is:
- Negotiable, based on the qualifications, skills and experience of the selected individual.
- Subject to deductions for health insurance and/or social security.
- Not directly comparable with other employers in Austria, due to the unique legal status and privileges granted to IIASA.
- Subject to the principle of income aggregation (Progressionsvorbehalt in German).
- Educational subsidies for children of school age enrolled in private schools in Austria.
- A generous annual leave allowance.
- Moving and settlement allowances and paid home leave for employees in scientific and professional categories hired from international locations.
- Assistance for newcomers to Austria with visa, work and residency permit applications.
- Support finding accommodation in Austria.
Further details here.